4. Start the day with a high protein breakfast Start your day with some Greek yogurt, protein smoothies, scrambled egg whites or porridge. After eating proteins in the morning, you will feel full until lunch without any hunger pangs. Proteins increase your metabolic rate while retaining muscle mass during weight loss. You can also add proteins such as eggs, fish, chicken, beans or dairy in every other meal.
5. Drink enough water Even if you don’t want to lose weight, staying hydrated is important for your general health. Drinking 4 to 5 liters of water each day is recommended and will burn more calories. Also, drinking right before eating reduces your appetite as well as calorie intake. Make sure to avoid any other beverages containing lots of sugars and calories. Drinking warm water with lemon in the morning on an empty stomach helps kickstart your metabolism and digestive system as well.
6. Reduce your salt intake Consumed salt retains water and makes your belly feels bloated. Before making a purchase always make sure the nutrition label does not mention high sodium levels since processed food consists of salt, added sugar and unhealthy fats.
7. Consume soluble fiber Similar to proteins, soluble fibers make you feel full for a few hours so that you don’t have to consume unneeded extra calories in your meal. Soluble fibers absorb water and form a gel that lowers fat absorption — a good thing for someone seeking to lose weight. You can find them in barley, nuts, seeds, beans and lentils. (sop/kes)
Burn 500 Calories A Day Fast: The 12 Best Workouts
Is it possible to burn 500 calories a day? Yes, it is! Weight loss has a simple rule. Fewer calories in, more calories out. However, just reducing calorie consumption does not always work (1). That’s why burning 500 calories per day and eating a balanced diet are recommended. This way, women and men can lose up to 6 kg (13 pounds) and 8 kg (17.6 pounds), respectively (2).
Science says you need to burn 3500 calories to lose one pound of fat (3). Creating a negative calorie balance aids faster weight loss (4). But what’s the best way to burn 500 calories a day? Here are the 12 best fat-burning exercises you can do for 30 minutes a day to expend 500 calories. Read on!
In This Article
12 Best Exercises To Burn 500 Calories In 30 Minutes
1. HIIT (High-Intensity Interval Training)
HIIT or high-intensity interval training is the best form of anaerobic exercise (does not use oxygen but fat as fuel) to burn 500 calories in a short time (5).
In HIIT, quick and high-intensity exercise sets are repeated for a short time to burn fat more effectively than regular cardio exercises. HIIT also creates EPOC (post-exercise oxygen consumption), which means that you will burn fat even after 2 hours of doing the exercises.
An example of HIIT is doing 12 squat jumps at a high intensity, taking 10 seconds rest, and repeating two more sets. Take 10 seconds rest and do 20 high knees at high intensity. Again, rest for 10 seconds and repeat two more sets. Here are the best HIIT exercises you can do.
Zumba or dancing is a workout that is perfect for people who want to have fun while losing weight. With only 1-2 minutes break during the session, you can burn somewhere between 400-500 calories, depending on your weight and intensity. Exercising with other people who are on the same journey will also boost your confidence and keep you on track.